Public Performance Scholarships USA
Filed under Arts & Humanities, USA Scholarships
Public Performance Scholarships for Out-of State Students in the Visual and Performing Arts:
The Public Performance Scholarship is a special opportunity for non-Tennessee students with interests in the arts and arts related fields. ETSU is committed to providing excellent training and experiences for students in the arts and for students with interest in continued opportunities to pursue creative endeavors. The scholarship provides students with the complete cost of out-of-state tuition, so recipients pay the same rate as Tennessee residents. Students who are
participating in another program which covers out-of-state tuition (including but not limited to Academic Common Market, border waiver, Honors-in-Disciplin e) are not eligible. Students must be new to ETSU to qualify for the scholarship; already enrolled students are not qualified. Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply for the
scholarship unless otherwise noted.
Students awarded a Public Performance Scholarship are not always required to major in an arts discipline, but instead are asked to become active participants in our ETSU and regional arts community. For example, a student must commit to participating in a band, music ensemble, choir, theatrical performance, art exhibition, radio or television broadcast, or other creative activity each semester.
Appropriate activities are sponsored by the Department of Art and Design; the Department of Music; the Division of Theatre and Dance; the Division of Broadcasting; the Digital Media program; the program in Bluegrass, Old Time, and Country Music; the Storytelling program; and the Gospel Choir.
- * Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- * Only new students qualify (currently enrolled students are not eligible)
- * Scholarship recipients receive support in an amount equivalent to the out-of-state tuition
- * Students pay in-state tuition rates
- * Scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 8 semesters
- * Public Performance Scholarship recipients participate in public performance or exhibitions as determined by the particular discipline in the arts.
Application Deadline is 15 February 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
tags: Beasiswa USA, USA Scholarship