Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s
Candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the
following eight institutions, irrespective of their country of origin, prior
work experience, and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance,research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
The Fellowship provides a monthly stipend of HK$20,000 (approximately
US$2,600) and a conference and research related travel allowance of
HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) per year to each awardee for a period of three years. About 135 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in each academic
year*. For awardees who need more than three years to complete their PhD
studies, additional support may be provided by the chosen institutions. For
details, please contact the institutions concerned directly.
* Institutions in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September.
Shortlisted applications, subject to their areas of studies, will be
reviewed by one of the following two Selection Panels comprising experts in
the relevant board areas:
- sciences, medicine, engineering and technology
- humanities, social sciences and business studies
While candidates’ academic excellence is the primary consideration, the
Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication, and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
tags: Beasiswa, Fellowship, Hong Kong, PhD, Scholarships